Very often swimsuits or swim-dresses are usually the most neglected part of a wardrobe; but they need just as much care and attention as your other favourite garments. Follow our tips below to keep your swim collection looks as fabulous as possible, for as long as possible!
- Rinse your swimsuit in cold water as soon as possible after use, to wash off any chemicals, chlorinated water, sun cream or saltwater.
- Avoid leaving your wet swimwear in a bag– this allows the chlorine/salt water to have more time in the fabric which can cause fabric to disintegrate and also allows bacteria to breed
- Do not twist or wring out your swimsuit to remove excess water to avoid damaging the fabric. Instead gently squeeze out excess water
- Hang to dry in the shade or flat dry naturally
- Avoid contact with suntan lotions, oils and rough surfaces
- Do not wash your swimwear in a washing machine or dry it in a tumble dryer
- Be cautious in spas or heated pools as these have extra chemicals in and can shorten the life of your swimwear
- Hand wash in cold water
- Dry in shade
- Do not iron
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean